Januarys Progress

A lot of my time in January was taken up studying for exams but any spare time I had was spent working on the initial stages of the project.

We decided to use Codeigniter (https://ellislab.com/codeigniter) as the php framework to develop the server side code. We choose Codeigniter because there are some great tutorials online and the documentation is very thorough.

We decided to use Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com) as the front end framework. We  decided to use bootstrap because of its wide industry use and the abundance of tutorials and templates that can be used to speed up development.

After a bit of research I decided to install NetBeans (https://netbeans.org/) as the IDE to develop the project.  I also set up MAMP (http://www.mamp.info/en/) so that I could develop and test the server side code locally.

We finished exams on the 23rd and met up on the 26th to restart the work on the project.
We set up a meeting with our supervisor, Mark Roantree for the 5th of Feb.